Ford Explorer Overview
For almost two decades now, the Ford Explorer has consistently performed as a reliable mid-size SUV. This 7-seater 5-door automobile features a spacious interior. The PowerFold® third row seat also allows for more cargo when needed. This makes the Explorer a wonderful piece of machine for the family that loves going outdoors, or simply, the kind of people that loves moving things around the city (which makes it a good business vehicle too).
The standard Explorer is equipped with a 4.0L SOHC 12V V6 engine (a 4.6L SOHC 24V V8 engine is also an available option) is “powerful” in the very sense of the word. It can produce as much as 210 hp with 254 lb. ft. of torque (292 hp and 315 lb. ft. torque for the 4.6L engine variant) making it an able towing machine. You can even tow your house around if you feel like doing it – which is not advisable by the way.
Kidding aside (and yes, what the Explorer can do is no joke), this wonderful Machinery from Ford is a luxurious act on its own. The entertainment system alone reaps wonders. The Explorer comes with a SYNC® In-car Connectivity System and Rear Seat DVD Entertainment System among many others.
The Explorer comes with a 6-speed automatic transmission and the Control Trac® 4WD System that makes the car fit with every driving condition the outdoors can offer. This car also handles the latest standard safety equipment from Ford including the AdvancedTrac® with Roll Stability Control™ which ensures you a smooth and safe drive no matter the road condition.
Notable Features of Ford Explorer
- Advance Trac with Roll Stability Control (RSC)
- Reverse Sensing System
- Safety Canopy – Side Curtain Airbags
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Driver’s Side Keypad Entry
- Battery Saver Feature
- Side Thorax Airbags
- Pretensioner / Energy Management System
- SecuriCode / Passive Anti-Theft System
- Advancetrac with Roll Stability Control (RSC)
- Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) with Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD) and Brake Assist
- Brake / Shift Interlock Feature
- High-Visibility Center Mounted Stoplamp
- Side Door Intrusion Beams
- Adaptive Energy-Absorbing Steering Column
- Perimeter Anti Theft-System
- Power Windows, Doorlocks, Side Mirror
- Rear Window Defogger
- Side Mirrors Power-Adjust, Heated, w/ Security Approach Lamps & Body Color Skull Caps
Review of Ford Explorer